Last Updated: August 27, 2019
This Policy applies to personally identifiable information that we collect from you and from third parties about you (“PII”). It applies to PII that we collect through the Service only, and does not apply to PII collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible via the Service.
By visiting, accessing, using or downloading the Service, you agree to be bound by this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time, and your continued use of the Service after any changes we may make to the Policy will be deemed to be your acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and agree to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
PII That You Provide Us
The PII that we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you enter into forms on the Service or Third-Party Services. This includes information you may provide to Stripe, MailChimp, HubSpot, GoDaddy, Google Forms and directly to the Software.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before making transactions through our Service.
- Your search queries in portions of the Service that allow for free-text search.
In these ways, we may ask you for your real name, user name, email address, mailing addresses, phone number, social media handles and account information, photographs of you, payment information and information about how you have used the Service.
PII That We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use our Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment and browsing actions, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
How We Use Your Information
We use PII to:
- Provide the Service to you.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Let you know about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts that you enter into with us, including for billing and collection.
If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
How We Disclose PII to Others
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose PII to third parties except:
- to work with third-party companies that we use to provide or market the Service or other products that we offer (“Third-Party Services,” below);
- where we believe it is necessary to respond to legal claims asserted against us, to comply with legal process (e.g. warrants and subpoenas), to enforce or administer our agreements, to prevent fraud, for risk assessment, for investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
- to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or illegal conduct, or suspected violations of our Pyco Software-as-a-Service Agreement;
- to subsidiaries or affiliates that we may have today or in the future;
- to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets;
- to enforce or apply our Pyco Software-as-a-Service Agreement or other agreements that we may have with you, including billing and collection purposes;
- with your consent; and
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These include BackBlaze, Facebook’s Pixel, Facebook Lead Ads, GoDaddy Website Builder, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Forms, Google reCAPTCHA, HelpScout, Hubspot, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Mailgun, Stripe, Twitter and Youtube, and may include others in the future.
Third-Party Services collect, use and share PII pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. Some of them, including Google, may use location information and other PII to serve advertisements to consumers on other websites. By using our Service, you consent to our providing PII with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
For more information about how Google’s services use PII, see “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.”
We use reasonable efforts to protect your PII from unauthorized access, but we cannot guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you (a) consent to our using PII as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; (b) waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of PII by third parties unauthorized by us; and (c) agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of PII.
For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the requisite power and authority to understand and consent to the practices described in this Policy. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to this Service. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us as described in the “For More Information” section below.
Your Rights With Respect to PII
You may edit or update or edit most of the PII that we keep by using the profile tools within the Service.
If you would like to update PII for which the Service does not providing an editing tool, or to request that we delete PII about you, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Do Not Track” Technology
If you use Do-Not-Track tools to prevent websites and software products from tracking your online behavior across websites, please be aware that we do not change the way the Service works (as described in this Policy) in response to requests not to be tracked. You may, however, be able to disable certain tracking signals used by individual Third-Party Services, which you may do by accessing those services.
Cookies and Other Storage Technologies
When you use the Service, we or our Third-Party Services (including Facebook and GoDaddy) may use tools to collect information about how you use it. These tools may include cookies or other storage technologies that store users’ IDs or passwords to personalize web pages that they see and provide website analytics. We may also use these tools in advertising the Service. You are welcome to opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how to do so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)’s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt Out page.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of PII except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.
For More Information
Please direct any questions about this Policy as it relates to the Website, please contact us through the “Contact Us” form in the “About” page on the Website. With questions about this Policy as it relates to the Software, please use the HelpScout beacon in the Software interface to contact us.